National Career Readiness Certificate
How can you prove that you have the skills necessary to be work-ready and career-ready?
The National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC) helps to ensure a community workforce that is prepared for the jobs of the future, as well as for the jobs that sustain the current economic base. The National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC) is a recognizable skills credential that facilitates job placement, retention, and advancement. You can earn a Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum NCRC depending on your scores.
NCRC is based on WorkKeys®. WorkKeys® is a series of work-based assessments that can be used by any individual concerned about their own employability skills or by any employer concerned about the employability skills of the current or future workforce. The test results provide valuable information for individuals, employers, schools, colleges, state and local governments, and training programs. Many employers in NC use NCRC for selection, hiring and advancement. Nationally, the number of businesses engaged with WorkKeys® and NCRC is growing!
To help you earn your NCRC, Wayne Community College offers training in a lab-based environment. This training is offered at no cost to unemployed or underemployed persons. The lab meets regularly on the following schedule in Walnut Building Room 136:
Mondays 9-12 and 1-4, Tuesdays 1-4 and 6-9, and Thursdays 9-12 and 6-9.
NCRC Testing occurs weekly and days and times vary. Please see the monthly calendar posted on this page for dates/times. You must have an appointment to take the test. To make an appointment, you may come by the lab or call 919-739-7004. The cost of the assessments for NCRC is $30.
How to Use Your Scores in Your Job Search:
When you earn your NCRC, you may register your scores in several places.
- When you register for work with www.ncworks.gov, your scores are an important piece of information to include.
- You may share your scores in a national database by going to www.myworkkeys.com. Doing so allows you to share your WorkKeys® scores with employers nationwide. Set up an online account at myworkkeys.com so employers can verify your WorkKeys® scores quickly and conveniently. Directions for sharing your WorkKeys® scores may be found at act.org/certificate/use.html.
- You may also share your scores with local eastern NC employers by registering at www.ncworkready.org.
- Add scores and information about your NCRC and your WorkKeys ® scores to your resume and job applications.
- Take your WorkKeys ® score report or your NCRC to job interviews to show employers proof of your work-related skills.
For more information contact: Career Readiness Center at Wayne Community College, 919-739-7004.
National Career Readiness Certification – ASK FOR IT!