Career Readiness Certificate
How can you prove that you have the skills necessary to be work-ready and career-ready?
The Career Readiness Certification (CRC) helps to ensure a community workforce that is prepared for the jobs of the future, as well as for the jobs that sustain the current economic base. NC’s Career Readiness Certification (CRC) is a recognizable skills credential that facilitates job placement, retention, and advancement. In NC you can earn a Bronze, Silver, or Gold CRC depending on your scores.*
CRC is based on WorkKeys®. WorkKeys® is a series of work-based assessments that can be used by any individual concerned about their own employability skills or by any employer concerned about the employability skills of the current or future workforce. The test results provide valuable information for individuals, employers, schools, colleges, state and local governments, and training programs. Many employers in eastern NC use CRC for selection, hiring and advancement. Nationally, the number of businesses engaged with WorkKeys® and CRC is growing!
To help you earn your CRC, Wayne Community College offers training in a lab-based environment. This training is offered at no cost to unemployed or underemployed persons. The lab meets regularly on the following schedule in Walnut Building Room 136:
Mondays 9-12 and 1-4, Tuesdays 1-4 and 6-9, and Thursdays 9-12 and 6-9.
CRC Testing occurs weekly and days and times vary. Please see the monthly calendar posted on this page for dates/times. You must have an appointment to take the test. To make an appointment, you may come by the lab or call 919-739-7004. The cost of the assessments for CRC is $30.
How to Use Your Scores in Your Job Search:
When you earn your CRC, you may register your scores in several places.
- When you register for work with www.ncworks.gov, your scores are an important piece of information to include.
- You may also share your scores with local eastern NC employers by registering at www.ncworkready.org.
- You may also share your scores in a national database by going to www.myworkkeys.com. Doing so allows you to share your WorkKeys® scores with employers nationwide. Set up an online account at myworkkeys.com so employers can verify your WorkKeys® scores quickly and conveniently. Directions for sharing your WorkKeys® scores may be found at act.org/certificate/use.html.
- Add scores and information about your NC CRC and your WorkKeys ® scores to your resume and job applications.
- Take your WorkKeys ® score report or your NC CRC to job interviews to show employers proof of your work-related skills.
For more information contact: Career Readiness Center at Wayne Community College, 919-739-7004.
Career Readiness Certification – ASK FOR IT!* Some individuals who test through a special program with the NC Department of Public Instruction may be eligible for a Platinum certificate.